I am constantly seeing proof that our devices are listening to us and then responding with marketing. Here are two crazy examples…
THE BLACK TOILET
Two of my kids were watching a movie last week and in one scene it shows a black toilet. Both sons were joking about wanting a black toilet!
The next day this ad is what one of my sons sees when he gets on his Facebook!!
THE BANKERS BOX
My wife and I are going to be Grandparents for the first time!!
A couple weeks ago my wife was talking with our oldest son (father to be) about products they will need for the baby. Jokingly, my son suggested they could just use a bankers box instead of spending money on a bassinet.
Just the other day my son sees the ad below on Instagram!!
So… if you think that’s coincidental that this is happening to you, here are 2 extraordinary examples that prove…
YOUR DEVICES ARE LISTENING TO YOU!!!
Joe Merkley – Your Marketing Maven
New Year…New Look
Rockin the New Year with a new website look!
You could say we were inspired by Pantone’s 2018 color of the year!
In the YouTube video below Lee Eiseman, who picks the Pantone color of the year, describes purple as innovative & creative.
Wow, that describes us to the T!
Take a minute to watch video, it is excellent and informative!
Lee also describes purple as representing adventurous & non-conformity which explains why a lot of artists love purple.
SO GET YOUR
PURPLE GROOVE ON…
See right-hand column at the top.
Informative and fun marketing information!
Website Rental…Just Say “No” #badbusinessidea
Joe Merkley – Your Marketing Maven
When you have your website developed by a company offering Website Rental that uses their own coding and their hosting is exclusive to them, your website CANNOT be moved if you decide to sever ties. Basically, you are renting your website. Considering that Google and other search engines rank for how long a site has been online you will lose all of that online history and have to start over. Even if you are able to take your content, you will have to pay someone to basically start from scratch and build you a new site. With website development a lot of the labor is upfront in site layout and design, so even having your own content the bulk of work for your new site is before content is even added.
Real estate, medical, dental and law seem to be more prevalent industries for “website rental.”
Before you decide to rent from a company that does website rental, check out companies like ours, that offer to finance. At the end of the payments, you own your website and you can do what you want with it. You can take your online history with you… and Google will follow!
Minimal work on your end. Generally, after an interview and discovery, the company you hire executes the setup, design, coding, content, and go live
Most sites are built on existing templates so build time is shorter than custom websites.
One bill each month can streamline your accounts payable process.
If you are fortunate, you will have one Point of Contact – that can handle all of your questions & issues
If they’re serving a niche, they’re familiar with how the dental, medical, etc industry works and they have baked in necessary processes, such as HIPPA compliance
You own the text (probably not the images unless you paid for and provided), but not the design and structure of the site, so if you want to leave – you basically have a text document, and framework or design to put it in.
DO YOU SEE ME GOOGLE?
If the company you choose is not extremely SEO educated, your site will likely end up not being ranked with Google and other search engines or ranked very low. Most of the factors that determine the ranking are factors that most people would not know are missing.
I AM PAYING FOR WHAT?
So, you get a bill once a month that says “Website Hosting & Maintenance” what does that include?
Maintenance is a very ambiguous term and maybe you on the companies low tier shared hosting plan.
SO YOU DON’T KNOW!
Chances are your Account Manager is not skilled in the tech area so questions you may have will have to be answered once your Rep contacts Tech Dept and gets an answer for you.
JACK OF ALL TRADES?
Hiring one company that tries to offer many services such as hosting, SEO, content management, and development is generally going to result in mediocre service and results.
BOTTOM LINE: Website rental is more of a marketing liability than an asset!
72% of All Online Adults Are Active on FACEBOOK!
What Can Facebook
Do For You?
- Stay engaged and top of mind with current clients
- Engage with potential clients
- A business account helps with website ranking
- Drive traffic to your website which helps with website ranking
We can help…
- Set your branded business account up
- Manage your account
- Develop a Facebook ad campaign
- Help you grow your followers
When is the best time to post to Facebook?
Unfortunately, there’s no definitive answer — different businesses may find alternate days and times work best for them.
Timing is often predicated on what your target audience uses Facebook for, the region(s) you’re targeting, the content of your post (e.g. humor or serious), and your goals (e.g. clicks versus shares), and so on.
That being said, there is data out there on most advantageous times to post:
The best time to post is 3:00pm on Wednesday. Other optimal times include 12:00pm–1:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays and 1:00pm–4:00pm on Thursdays and Fridays.
Engagement rates are 18% higher on Thursdays and Fridays, and weekdays from 1:00pm –4:00pm tend to see the highest clickthrough rates.
On Fridays, use increases by 10%. Since people tend to be happier on Fridays, suggested postings should be funny or upbeat content to match your audience’s mood.
The worst times to post are weekends before 8:00am and after 8:00pm., according to SurePayroll’s research.
Think of this data as a general guideline, and use it to help you find the optimal posting times for your business.
- Merkley Marketing Group’s Latest Triumph with MacPro Cleaning, LLC! March 1, 2024
- Merkley Marketing Group Launches New Website for MacPro Cleaning, LLC. February 22, 2024
- Merkley Marketing Group Launches New Website for Vengroff Williams Advanced Medical Subrogation February 12, 2024
- Welcome Aboard MacPro Cleaning, LLC.! January 24, 2024
- Cattle Ranch Website Cracker Swamp Cattle Co. Launch September 20, 2023
- AI + HI = Success September 1, 2023
- Coastal Shades & Blinds Launch August 24, 2023
- Pure Bliss Beauty Bar Website Launch August 19, 2023
- Celebrating Client Success with Johnny Coe Counts! August 14, 2023
- Exciting News! Mooovin on with Cracker Swamp Cattle Co! August 1, 2023
- Exciting News – Developing a new WordPress Website For J.C. Harward & Associates July 27, 2023
- Merkley Marketing Group’s WordPress Website Development Service July 24, 2023
- Rockin’ a Client’s Branding June 21, 2023
- Joining Forces: Sheer Elegance Engages Merkley Marketing Group to Build a New Brand June 2, 2023
- Merkley Marketing Group Creates a Dynamic WordPress Website for EZ Pet Clinic Low Cost Vaccination Clinic May 27, 2023
- Custom Logo For JR Law Group PLLC May 27, 2023
- UNLEASHING CREATIVITY: EXPLORING MERKLEY MARKETING GROUP’S CONCEPTING SERVICE May 16, 2023
- Custom Logo For SecondLook Medical Subrogation May 1, 2023
- USA LIFE INSURANCE WORDPRESS WEBSITE LAUNCH May 1, 2023
- NEW PALM COAST ADVERTISING AGENCY April 28, 2023
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: . You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact